“The National Honor Society (NHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921.” – National Honor Society
Who Can Apply?
- Waukee juniors and seniors with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Students who meet the above criteria and demonstrate NHS’s pillars of scholarship, service, leadership, and character
How Do I Become Involved?
- Students who meet membership criteria will receive application information in late January
- Qualified students will need a resume, letters of recommendation, and an essay that responds to NHS’s prompt to apply
2021-2022 Chair Members
Current NHS Member Service Hours
- Current NHS members can complete and submit 10 hours of NHS-sponsored service in order to receive their gold cord at graduation.
- To earn NHS service hours, members must fill out the Service Hours Form, which must be signed by their service supervisor.
- Service hour forms must be submitted online via the Service Hours Submission Form to be counted.
Sponsor Contact Information
- Ms. Melissa Harmeyer, email@example.com